Hey Pretty Mama,
Congratulations! If you are reading this you are most likely expecting or planning to fall pregnant any time soon.
Optimal health can be achieved and maintained throughout the trimesters with our safe, and effective Prenatal Fitness Programs designed specifically for expectant moms.
In our custom sessions we prepare you from pre-conception and at every stage of your pregnancy, with Functional and Corrective exercises as well as Belly Training® & Labor Training® techniques to help you build a strong core, and maintain strength and stamina throughout your pregnancy.
Belly Training® exercises also prepare you for mind-centering focus during labor, reduces incontinence, minimizes pregnancy discomforts and is the foundation for improving alignment, posture and function. All Exercises are tailored to your fitness level and modified to accomodate your ever changing body.
The goal is to prepare your mind, body & soul for the big event and to help you have an easy and quick recovery post-birth. The sooner you engage in Pregnancy specific exercises, the better you will be prepared, and the easier and quicker your post-birth recovery will be.
(Many moms wait too long, or even until after the baby is born to begin exercising and miss reaping all the benefits of exercise from which mom & baby benefit whilst they are pregnant).
Benefits of Belly Training® for Mom and Baby:
- Improve Baby’s Development
● Increase Nutrients to the Pregnant Mom’s Baby
● Decrease Toxins for Baby
● Reduce Muscle Spasms and Cramping
● Enhance Baby’s Feeling of WellBeing
● Increase Baby’s Vitality
● Stave off Sickness
● Reduce Pregnancy Aches and Pains
● Reduce Feeling of Shortness of Breath
● Assist Easier and Less Painful Labor
● Assist in the Pushing Stage of Labor
● Increase Overall Mood
Labor Training® with Mental Imagery is a sports specific method to prepare the pregnant woman for the physiological and mental emotional challenges of labor. By alternating exercise and rest intervals that progressively increase in intensity and decrease in rest time, the pregnant mom prepares for how uterine contractions will hit her. With physical practice and mental imagery, when labor finally arrives, mom will be in as familiar a place as she can be.
This is what to expect:
- A 45-minute phone health evaluation to go over your unique health history, exercise history, lifestyle, stage of pregnancy, fitness level and diet in order to rule out any contra-indications or risk factors. This session is vital in order to design a custom, safe yet fun and effective Prenatal Fitness program.
- A 30-minute or 60-minute private Prenatal Fitness Training session customized to your stage of pregnancy, lifestyle and personal fitness goals.
- A Complimentary Sample Prenatal Meal Plan
What you should do before your initial health evaluation and Prenatal Fitness Training session:
- You must obtain a written consent from your OB/midwife giving you permission to begin a customized Prenatal Fitness Program.
- You should eat a nutritious snack of complex carbohydrates (fruit, whole-wheat bread, crackers, cereal, sweet potato, whole-wheat pasta, etc.) thirty minutes to one hour before your session to maintain healthy blood sugar levels during exercise. High fat, high protein and high-refined sugar products should be avoided within two hours before your workout.
- You should dress comfortably and wear light cotton clothes. Dress in layers. Shorts, T-shirts, workout pants, a supportive sports bra, and comfortable workout shoes are recommended.
For more information, or to schedule your initial health evaluation and Prenatal Fitness Training session, contact Moji here.
- Have a towel, a small snack, and water close-by to keep you hydrated. If you suffer from asthma, and you are authorized to use your inhaler, have it at hand during your session.